Harmatrix (formerly "Harmonist") contains two programs that can be used
independently or together.
-- powerful chord and scale calculator/MIDI harmony
analyzer with 3060 chords, 744 scales and over 10,000
-- ultra flexible, highly tweakable MIDI reharmonizer
handles any scale, any mode, and any chord with precise
control over inversions and grace notes.
Real-time MIDI Reharmonizer
Harmatrix saves you hours of composition time and allows
you to explore a universe of harmonic and melodic
possibilities quickly and efficiently.
- Build progressions, melodies and bass-lines in a
snap. Works with any sequencer.
- Analyze MIDI tracks or performances for harmonic
content in real-time.
- Find all chords in a scale, or all scales
containing a chord.
- Display, audition and transpose any scale or
- Build chord progressions of any complexity,
quickly and easily.
- Test progressions or groups of chords for scale
- Weave subtle modulations for lush ambient pads and
smooth jazz changes.
- Reharmonize any MIDI music from any scale or mode
to any other scale, mode or chord in real-time with
precise control over inversions and grace notes
(accidentals). Totally tweakable!
- Download MIDI files and reharmonize into original
- Use with audio and vocal harmonizers that accept
- Even has its own integrated sequencer.
- Relax ... Explore ... Create.
Harmatrix is a "must have" tool for any composer and a "can have" at only $39.95 (download).
Harmatrix Documentation is a free download. Please choose a download format ...