ScaleBlazer doesn't have some of the extended calculation
features, nor the midi auditioning and analyzing
capabilities of Scout, the harmony calculator in Harmatrix.
It does have all the chords and scales, plus some added
features to answer your other theory related questions. It
even has a precision BPM to milliseconds calculator built
It is a handy, compact composer's assistant that's great
on its own or as a second calculator for Harmatrix.
Standalone Harmony Calculator
- Instantly find all the 3 - 6 note chords in any
scale or find all the scales containing a selected chord.
- 3060 chords and 744 scales. Over 10,000 matches.
- Gives modes and mode roots for all scales.
- Enter and display chords/scales on virtual keys or
- Precision BPM to Millisecond to BPM calculator for
64th notes to whole notes, including dotted notes.
- Pull-down charts for intervals, circle of fifths,
modes and mode intervals.
- Automatic conversions to Dorian Origin.
- Includes manual plus the "Crash Course in Music
Theory and Dorian
- Works with MAC OS X 10.2 or higher, or Windows XP.
Best of all, it is FREE (download).